Well, the title says it all really! I have been a very lazy blogger over the past 10 days, I have also been a very neglectful of my twittering and generally finding it virtually impossible to find any sort of inspiration for writing. I have put my recent apathy down to the following:
1) The weather has changed and it got COLD here for a while. Rainy, grey days have only inspired me to sort out my biggest, baggiest jumpers, hunker down and keep as warm as possible, which I have discovered is pretty hard when your house is not water tight …
2) It came to my attention that my house is not water tight! The heavy rain has demonstrated how unsuitable to general living my house is and I have been dealing with mass flooding from every door and window frame my crappy house has … and the house is less than 2 years old! This has, however, inspired us to move and fingers crossed new accommodation has been found today!
3) The baby is teething BADLY and therefore is no longer sleeping through the night, add this to the fact the she never really adjusted to the clocks going back, making her new wake-up time 5.30AM, my sleep has been badly affected.
4) Due to prolonged dieting I have found myself permanently hungry, listless and unable to concentrate on anything other than chocolate. The most depressing thing about this is that I have hardly lost any weight 😦
All of the above have left me slightly depressed and in need of severe cheering up … so I have turned to chocolate brownies and not just any old chocolate brownies, The BEST chocolate brownies I have ever tasted! (this could attribute to why I have hardly lost any weight!)
I may well be greedy but I am not selfish, so I have decided to share the amazing recipe for these brownies with the twittersphere … You may thank me later!
AMAZING CHOCOLATE BROWNIES:
Ingredients : Yield: 18
- 75 g butter
- 150 g sugar
- 30 ml coffee
- 170g dark chocolate (broken into pieces)
- 170g milk chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 95 g all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda